Last Updated on March 25, 2021
McAfee Antivirus is one of the leading antivirus and protection programs currently available in the market. It is a reliable solution that equips your computer system and mobile devices with adequate security features and measures that keep it protected from the malicious attempts of hackers to get into your system and wreak havoc in your personal data.
By subscribing to McAfee.com/activate, you gain access to a complete security software package that equips your system with a strong and resilient firewall, provides online scanning and protection, gives you anti spam and anti-spyware protection, and also lends you a healthy backup capacity to ensure data protection and safety in compromising situations. Your McAfee.com/activate account acts as the ultimate hub for you to monitor and control your subscriptions.
It is extremely easy to purchase an online subscription to a McAfee product and activate it through www.McAfee.com/activate. But what do you do if you have made a McAfee purchase from a retail store? How can you install and register a retail McAfee product on your computer system? This article will be a helpful step by step guide for you to redeem your retail McAfee.com/activate product purchase.
PURCHASING McAFEE PRODUCTS IN RETAIL
INSTALL AND REGISTER McAFEE.COM/ACTIVATE WITH A WEB BROWSER
This is the preferred method because all you need is your product key and an internet connection. You do not require a CD drive.
- Open up the packaging of your McAfee product bundle.
- Here, you will find a Quick Start guide inside of which is located an activation key. This is the 25 digit McAfee.com/activate product activation key that you will need to install your McAfee product. The key is unique to your subscription only.
- On the PC that you wish to install your McAfee software, open up a web browser.
- Go to www.McAfee.com/activate.
- You will be asked to enter the 25 digit product key.
- Then, use your credentials to log into your McAfee account. You can make a new account if you do not already have one.
- Now click on the Download link to download the installer file. You can also download this product later from your McAfee account homepage.
INSTALL AND REGISTER McAFEE.COM/ACTIVATE WITH A CD
If you do have a CD drive on your computer or laptop or have a slow internet connection, you can install and register your product using the disk.
- Find your McAfee CD in the package.
- Insert it into the CD drive of your system.
- This will prompt the installer to run automatically. If it does not, explore the files in the disk and run Setup.exe.
- Agree to the End User License Agreement after which the installer will start working.
- Follow the on screen instructions when prompted.
- You will be asked to enter the McAfee.com/activate product key at one step.
- Then enter your McAfee login credentials to register the product. Create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Click on Finish once the installation is complete.